Attorney Paul J. Klehm is a seasoned attorney with more than twenty-five years of civil litigation experience, mainly in the state and federal courts of Massachusetts. Paul has a significant amount of jury trial experience representing small businesses and individuals in civil matters. With the help of Benjamin L. Falkner and the entire Krasnoo, Klehm & Falkner LLP law firm, he won a multi-million dollar jury verdict in a federal civil Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act trial on behalf of a business client.
Paul represents clients in business disputes, commercial and residential real estate disputes, unfair and deceptive business practices, employment discrimination, non-competition agreements, personal injury, fraud/misrepresentation, police misconduct, motor vehicle torts, and other matters. Paul has argued appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and the Massachusetts Appeals Court.
Paul currently serves on the Access to Justice Council of the Massachusetts Bar Association. Previously, he was a member of the Civil Litigation Council of the MBA for seven years, and he served as Chairperson of that Council from 2019 to 2021. Paul served on the MBA's Amicus Curiae Committee, and he served on the MBA's Committee on Civility and Professionalism in 2016-2017. He has volunteered as a judge for the MBA Mock Trial Program, and he participates in a program in which callers to the MBA ask legal questions.
Paul has served as a Regional Reviewer for the Northeastern Massachusetts Committee of the Massachusetts Bar Foundation, reviewing grant applications, for many years. In 2020, he was honored with the MBF President's Award, given to those who show dedication to the mission of the MBF. Paul is a past President of the Lawrence Bar Association.
Paul has spoken at the following seminars:
• Chair, "Excelling With Experts"
Massachusetts Bar Association, May 24, 2021
• Co-Chair, "A Bench-Bar Discussion: Collaborating to Alleviate Stressors in the Courtroom and Practice of Law"
MBA, November, 2020
• Chair, "How to Deal with a Potential Medicare Set-Aside,"
MBA, October, 2019
• Moderator, "Corporate Depositions: Strategies for Taking and Defending," MBA, February 28, 2019
• Co-Chair, "Raise Your Right Hand: Contrasting Approaches to Witness Preparation," MBA April, 2018
• Presenter, "Mediation & Arbitration Essentials: Part I"
MBA, February, 2018
• Co-Chair, "Maximizing the Value of Expert Testimony"
MBA, September, 2017
• Presenter, "Trends, Traps and Trouble Avoidance"
(concerning closely-held corporations), MBA, April 17, 2015
• Co-Chair, "Litigating Civil Rights Cases Under Section 1983"
MBA, June 8, 2015
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation 30%
- Civil Rights/Police Misconduct 30%
- Employment Discrimination/Non-Competition Agreements 15%
- Personal Injury 25%
- Massachusetts, 1992
- New Hampshire, 2002
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1995
- U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire, 2002
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1992
- Honors: cum laude
- Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT
- B.A. - 1989
- Major: Government
Honors And Awards
- President’s Award, Massachusetts Bar Foundation, 2020
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, Thomson Reuters, 2016 - Present
- AV Pre-eminent peer rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Access to Justice Council Massachusetts Bar Association, Member, 2021 to Present
- Civil Litigation Council, MBA, Chairperson, 2019 to 2021
- Civil Litigation Council, MBA, Vice Chairperson, 2017 to 2019
- Civil Litigation Council, MBA, , Member, 2014 to Present
- Committee on Civility and Professionalism, MBA, Member, 2016 to 2017
- Amicus Curiae Committee, MBA, Member, 2015 to 2019
- Lawrence Bar Association, President, 2014 to 2015
- Executive Committee, Lawrence Bar Association, Member, 2006 to 2017
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow, 2019 to Present
- Massachusetts Bar Foundation, Life Fellow, 2016 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Krasnoo/Klehm LLP, Partner, 2006 to 2015
- Law Offices of James B. Krasnoo, Associate, 1997 to 2005
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, IOLTA Grant Review, Northeastern Mass. Committee Massachusetts Bar Foundation, 2006 - 2009, 2011 - present
- Member, Trustees Committee Bow Lake Free Will Baptist Church, 2020-present
- Tournament Judge, Mock Trial Program, MBA, 2018-2019